Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chapter 5: Diamond in the Rough

You know that feeling when you feel like your all alone in this world? Like no one really gives a crap that you are miserable? I know that feeling really well. Some days I just cant help but hate myself. But remembering my old life on some days I wouldn't want to be anybody else, then I remember my situation. I have Growlithe but he isn't enough. Sain and Smoochum hate me. My parents and Tye must have loved me so much, that's way they all left. Rose loves me. Everyday I realize how foolish my plan really is. How am I going to get to another region? What if shes in Isshu? That's on the other side of the world! I hope Rose is alright. I hope that wherever she is that she has her pokemon.

Vulpix. Rose's favorite pokemon. She got a Vulpix from Tye when he gave me my Growlithe. I sort of miss Tye too. And my mother. I'm all alone! Sometimes I just want to get to know Sain, that's how desperate for a friend I am.

Smoochum is listening to me more and more. Growlithe is as strong as he has ever been. Its time for us to challenge the gym! I need to win I cant waste time, every second that I waste could mean one less breath for Rose.

The Pewter City Gym is really cool! There are a bunch of rocks everywhere. Growlithe likes the rocks. He isn't going to be much help here. Smoochum is my only hope. Thank goodness she happened to be in Kanto, far away from any mountains. There is a girl challenging the gym leader right now. She seems really nice. Her name is Emma. She is so beautiful, but she would never notice me.Speaking of Rose she just finished her battle, Its my time to shine!

"Enter challenger!" yelled the gym leader. He sounds so big and strong from just his voice! I'm scared! "My name is Brock, leader of the Pewter City gym. I am a rock type trainer. I  have a few rock type pokemon from my travels around the world." Wow hes a world class trainer! What if he's been to the Isshu region? And then he says "Let the battle begin!"

I send out Smoochum, she is roaring to go! I wonder what Brock is going to use Ah! A Geodude! This shouldn't be too hard right? "Smoochum! Use Icy wind!" Smoochum blew out her breath so cold that I got chills down my spine. I didn't think she could be so powerful! The Geodude went down in one shot! "Go Onix! I choose you!" Oh no! How am I going to beat an Onix? I hope Smoochum has it in her! Out of nowhere and on her own Smoochum dodged and used Sweet Kiss on Onix! "Smoochum you're the best!" I yelled out, "Use Ice Punch!" And she did, and Onix went down! "Go Aron!" An Aron shouldn't be too hard for Smoochum right? "Smoochum use Icy Wind!" Aron got hit hard but he keeps charging at Smoochum, "Smoochum dodge and use Sweet Kiss!" Too late, she got hit really hard! "Smoochum are you okay? Come on don't give up!" She didn't look so good but yet she still fought, kind of like me in a way. Chances look grim but yet I still search for Rose. Me and Smoochum have a lot in common, we both fight for what we believe in. Maybe we can both be something special one day.

"Smoochum use Ice Punch!" Aron faints, and Brock sends out a Cranidos. "Wait you have a Cranidos? Have you been to Sinnoh?" I asked. "Yes I have, I just got back from the Sinnoh region A few days ago actually. I was traveling there with my good friend Ash Ketchum until we choose separate ways for ourselves" replied Brock. "Have you been to the coal mines? Have you seen a girl that looks like me?" Brock says back "Come to think of it, you do look a little familiar. I remember seeing a a news story about a girl that escaped some kidnappers and that she was accepted into the Sinnoh regions Battle Frontier as a frontier brain!" Rose! She escaped! She is so amazing! This news makes me so happy! Growlithe jumped out of his pokeball in cheers! Life even sprang to Sain's face when he heard this! Brock says "We haven't finished our battle you know!" Smoochum defeated Cranidos easily.

Rose is alive and well! Maybe everyone does have potential. Maybe we aren't all as worthless as we think we are. I will get to her and We will be reunited! I have my first gym badge and a new hope! Mt Moon here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment